Baylor University : Admission 2023, Rankings, Fees
Check here Baylor University Acceptance Rate for all year. Here I have listed Baylor University Acceptance Rate
- Baylor University Acceptance Rate 2022
- Baylor University Acceptance Rate 2023
- Baylor University Acceptance Rate 2024
- Baylor University Acceptance Rate 2025
- Baylor University Acceptance Rate 2026
Baylor University Acceptance Rate : Baylor University can be found in Waco, TX, a private school that is a non-profit and concentrates on a handful of programs. The number of students is around 19000 students studying at Baylor University.
The SAT or ACT may be required before applying to this school. Scores ranging from 1200 (25th percentile) to 1380 – 1200 (75th percentile) on the SAT and within an area of between (the 25th percentile) to 32 (75th percentile) on the ACT is typical of applicants who are accepted to this school.
When we apply samples of GPA information from more than 150 schools, we can estimate that the Baylor University average GPA ranges between 3.48 and 3.78 for students accepted. Baylor University admits approximately 50 percent of the students who apply.
If they accept, about 21% are enrolled. If we apply historical data, we’ve estimated that the Baylor University acceptance rate in 2021 will be about 39%. For more details, visit the admissions office’s website at baylor.edu.
Baylor University’s Acceptance Rate
Acceptance rate should be the primary thing to consider before applying to the University. The acceptance rate will give you an indication of how competitive the college is. For instance, Baylor’s acceptance rate is 45.3 percent. This is a bit competitive with other schools.
Therefore, achieving an application process based on Baylor’s acceptance rate is easy. However, if you have poor academic credentials, You must improve your GPA and ACT/SAT scores to pass the admission test.
Always aim to earn more scores than Baylor University requirements to ensure that you are admitted to the University. Learn more below about the amount of GPA and the SAT/ACT marks you must get.
Baylor University acceptance rate for transfer students
If you’re a transferee, you’re more likely to be accepted to Baylor University because the institution receives 83.95 percent of those admitted as transfer students.
That means that at least 84 of 100 students are accepted to transfer as students.
If you are a transfer student, the minimum GPA required for transfer students is 2.75, with a range of 4.33.
Rankings of Baylor University
- Ranked #75 nationally and #365 globally by U.S. News & World Report for best “national university” in 2021.
- Ranked #175 by THE/WSJ.
- Ranked #336 nationally by Washington Monthly.
- Ranked #202 nationally by Forbes.
- Ranked #135 nationally by ARWU.
The university was also placed 31st in “Best Undergraduate Teaching,” 25th on the list of “Most Innovative,” and placed 328th for “Top Performers on Social Mobility.”
Furthermore, many Baylor graduate schools, such as their Hankamer School of Business, law school, and programs in science and education, are nationally recognized.
Following the National Research Council (NRC) of these programs, Baylor’s graduate program for English was ranked the highest in terms of Student Support and Outcomes by the NRC.
Baylor’s Doctoral degree program in Sociology was ranked third in the nation according to factors like Ph.D. completion rate, the proportion of students who receive complete financial aid, the average length of time until completion of degrees, and the job placement rate.
Baylor University’s Admission Requirements
Baylor examines the academic record of a student before deciding whether or not to shortlist applicants to be considered for admission. So, ensure you get impressive grades at the high schools you attend.
This will increase your chance of meeting requirements for Baylor University admission requirements. Beyond that, Baylor also selects candidates with the following qualifications.
- Students who have participated in intellectual activities
- Students with an excellent extracurricular performance
- Students who have received high recommendation letters from teachers
Baylor University’s GPA Requirements
To strive for the highest possible grade for your secondary school is essential. The GPA required by Baylor will require to shortlist candidates is 3.74.
If you have a 3.74 GPA, you must be a top performer in your class or top-ranked. Additionally, you have to get an A in the majority of subjects to be able to accept as a candidate to be eligible for admission.
Baylor University’s ACT And SAT Requirements
Although it’s not required to take exams like the ACT or SAT, taking them could increase your odds of getting into Baylor. A lot of students apply to Baylor, and many of them get the required GPA.
Therefore, you should submit the Baylor admissions office your ACT or SAT score to make yourself stand out from the rest of the applicants. You can opt to apply for one or the other depending on what you like best.
Baylor University’s SAT Requirements
Baylor’s SAT requirements are 1293 SAT on a 1600 scale. If you’re looking to impress the experts with an SAT score, try to score 1293 or greater. Any score less than this is considered to be a subpar student.
If you achieve 1370 or more, you will be able to make an excellent impression when you attend Baylor. In addition, it can help you look more competitive than the other candidates.
Baylor University’s SAT Score Choice Policy
Understanding the process by which Baylor chooses its SAT score is essential. Baylor follows a “Highest Section” scoring policy similar to other universities.
The university will use the highest score to determine the composite SAT score following the scoring guidelines.
The authorities will then compare your composite SAT score against Baylor’s requirements to determine whether you can achieve your desired score. We will look at an example below to better understand the scoring policy for the highest section.
|Section||Reading And Writing||Math||Composite|
From the table, one will see that the top score of every test is considered. According to the table above, the top score for the ‘Reading and Writing 600’ is, therefore, this score is taken into consideration.
However, it’s 700 for Math, so 700 is considered. Therefore the most impressive SAT score calculated is 1300. This scoring pattern is helpful since you can take many SAT exams to boost your score.
The table below shows three tests used as an illustration. However, you can appear multiple times if you’re not satisfied.
This way, you can focus on one exam at once. For instance, you can concentrate on scoring high on the Math test in the initial exam. Then, you can concentrate more on reading in addition to Writing for the next exam. This gives you plenty of time to improve your scores in each subject.
Baylor University’s ACT Requirements
If you’re looking to take the ACT instead of the SAT, it is essential to know the cut-off for Baylor University. Baylor University requires 29 ACT to be admitted.
Its 75th percentile ACT mark is 32, and its 25th percentile ACT score is 26. You must score between 26 and 32 to be accepted per Baylor University requirements.
Baylor University’s ACT Score Sending Policy
Let’s now look at Baylor’s ACT scoring policy. Similar to Baylor University SAT requirements, authorities also look at the most impressive score for the ACT.
However, in this case, you need to submit the highest score by yourself. The authorities will not be able to calculate your ACT score the same way as Baylor SAT.
Instead, you need to take the test yourself. For instance, you could take five ACT examinations and submit the top ACT score to the supervisors.
You don’t have to provide all scores for the ACT exam at the University. You can choose which score to submit and which score not to submit.
Baylor University Majors
In the most recent year that we have information, students from 94 specialties completed their studies at Baylor University.
Of those students, 3,674 graduated with undergraduate degrees, while 1,573 received a master’s or doctoral degree. The table below shows the top undergraduate subjects and the average salaries graduates of these majors earn.
MOST POPULAR MAJORS
- Mechanical Engineering
How to Apply at Baylor University
To apply for Baylor University, admissions applicants have to adhere to the following steps to submit their application:
- Apply online on the University’s website, as well as Bayer Online Application, and apply to Texas
- Complete all the necessary details of the program you’d like to join.
- Check your application and attach the required documents
- Pay the application fee
Important: The Baylor University application fee is USD 50(INR 3500).
To be admitted to any of the programs or majors, the student must undergo a process and must also meet the criteria set by the institution. The information regarding the admission procedure and prerequisites are listed below.
Undergraduate Admission Process
Choose Application Deadline
The applicants are requested to select a deadline, and by adhering to that deadline, students must submit their applications in line with that since, after that, the school will not consider the application.
Choose Application Methods
There are three options in that applicants can pick the one they prefer to apply. The methods listed below are
- Baylor Online Application
- Common Application
- Apply Texas
The University has a preference in which application you pick. No matter which application you choose, you must sign up for an account on the BAYLOR account to keep track of the status of your application.
Here we let you know what’s required for you to finish your and additional enrollment steps for students accepted.
Review the application checklist
The applicants are asked to go through the various information required by the university and submit it, the checklist is as follows-
- Complete Application
- Essay asked by the university
- High School Official Transcripts
- Test Scores
- Recommended Items such as Letter of Recommendation (2), Resume or CV
Submission of the required materials
The applicants are asked to submit the required documents and details asked by the university. The details can be mailed to:
One Bear Place #97056
Waco, TX 76798-7056
Graduate Admission Process
Explore Graduate Programs and Graduate Catalog
The Graduate School is the central administrative department that supports all graduate and postgraduate programs throughout the university.
Baylor Law School and Truett Seminary have separate admissions offices. Visit their websites to find out more about how to apply.
- Since deadlines are subject to alteration, it’s your responsibility as an applicant to ensure that the application materials are submitted within the date set in the official department. Some departments have very stringent deadlines, while other departments accept them regularly. Specific programs don’t permit students to apply during all three general deadlines. Contact your program to determine which deadlines they accept applications and the last application deadline. The department you are interested in might require additional applications.
- The deadlines for the Graduate School’s general requirements are as follows. Each program may have its deadlines.
- The Spring Semester (January) entry through December 1
- Sessions in summer (June) admission through May 1
- The Fall semester (August) enrollment through February 15
Submit the application
- Make an application for the program you want to join.
- Fill out the online application.
- Pay the necessary application fee.
Applications are not reviewed until application fees have been paid.
Submission of Test Scores
- The Baylor’s CEEB Code is 6032.
- Please confirm with the program you are considering the tests they require or prefer (GRE/GMAT).
- Test score reports that are not official (copies submitted by the applicant) are enough to be submitted for application.
Submission of Transcripts
- The unofficial transcripts are enough to be submitted for the application process.
- If you’re admitted on non-official transcripts, official transcripts should be submitted to Baylor to verify your admission privileges.
- Suppose you are admitted before earning your Bachelor’s or Master’s degree. In that case, you will be required to submit an official final transcript and proof of the degree conferred in the Graduate School by the first day of class, or a hold will be placed on your enrollment for the following semester, and you could be asked to withdraw from the program.
- Official transcripts can be sent to email@example.com or mailed paper transcripts to Baylor University Graduate Admissions, One Bear Place #97264, Waco, TX 76798-7264.
Baylor University admission process for international students
- Pick Your Application Deadline
- Choose Your Application Method
- Review The Application Checklist
- Submit Your Application Materials
Documents Required For Baylor University’s Admission
The table below contains the necessary documents to be submitted for Baylor University admission for undergraduate and graduate students.
|For Undergraduate Admission||For Graduate Admission|
|ACT Test Scores||Graduation Degree|
|Baylor SAT Test Scores||GMAT Test Scores|
|Resume||GRE Test Scores|
|2 Recommendation Letters||Resume|
|High School Rank||Minimum English Language Proficiency (ELP) Scores|
|Short Answer Response For Candidates Applying For Early Decision||Recommendation Letters|
|Financial Aid Profile||Transcript|
|Transcript||Statement Of Purchase|
Necessary Factors For Baylor University’s Admission
Baylor selects candidates based on the most important factors according to the 2022-2023 census. The table below outlines which elements are considered crucial as well as necessary. They are also not essential to be considered vital for Baylor University admission.
|Rigor Of Secondary School Record||Class Rank||Interview|
|Standardized SAT Or ACT Test Scores||Alumni Relation||Geographical Residence|
|Academic GPA||Application Essay||First Generation|
|–||Extracurricular Activities||Religious Affiliation|
|–||Level Of Applicant’s Interest||–|
How To Ensure A Seat At Baylor University?
The process of securing admission to Baylor University might seem difficult; however, if you follow the steps listed below to get admission to Baylor without difficulty.
1.Improve Your GPA
After you have learned about Baylor’s admissions requirements for GPA, Let’s look at ways you can boost the quality of your GPA score. Increasing your GPA isn’t accessible if you’re in senior school.
However, you can improve your index to academics. Consider taking honours and IB as well as AP courses to increase your academic score. This will boost your GPA and help you meet the Baylor admission prerequisites.
2.Get A 31 ACT And 1350 SAT
Now, you know Baylor’s SAT and ACT requirements to submit your application for acceptance. Get more if you’d like your name to be high on the lists.
For instance, you should attempt to score 31 ACT or higher than the minimum Baylor University SAT requirement, for example, 1350 SAT. This increases your chances of being admitted to Baylor.
3.Engage In More Extracurricular Activities
In addition to ensuring you meet Baylor’s ACT and Baylor University SAT requirements, you should also create an extensive portfolio of extracurricular activities.
Therefore, you should be more involved in extracurricular activities within your school activities. This will let the authorities know how engaged you are. Baylor is looking for people who can serve the university outside the classroom.
4.Work On Essays
If you want authorities to make a positive image of your personality, do some work on your essays.
Write compelling essays that reflect your character. Define why you are worthy of admission into Baylor University, your qualities and why you are different from other applicants. The more you can make yourself known in your essay, the better your chance of getting selected.
5.Apply Early Decision
Baylor provides the Early Decision facility to the students. Make sure to submit your application as soon as possible to increase your chances of getting selected.
However, according to Baylor University requirements, an Early Decision has some restrictions. Make sure that you’re aware of these limitations before submitting your application.
So, here are some efficient ways to increase your chances of admission to Baylor. Follow these tips and create a compelling application to submit.
What are the degrees at Baylor University?
Baylor University is divided into twelve academic units that confer degrees. Three teams are designated colleges, eight are defined as schools, and one is a seminary.
The Colleges Include:
- College of Arts & Sciences
- Robbins College of Health and Human Sciences
- Honors College
The Seminary Include:
- George W. Truett Theological Seminary
The Schools Include:
- Diana R. Garland School of Social Work
- School of Education
- School of Engineering & Computer Science
- School of Music
- Graduate School
- Hankamer School of Business
- Louise Herrington School of Nursing
- Law School
How hard is it to get into Baylor University?
- Baylor University can be selective concerning accept rate, which is 38.6 percent; you will compete with other schools.
- In addition, to having a good GPA and scoring well on tests like the SAT or ACT, Baylor University also is interested in students who
- It is exciting to take part in intellectual activities.
- They are doing very well academically. However, they have also been provided with an opportunity outside the school’s four walls.
- One who is a believer and is looking to be part of a group of like-minded individuals.
With the requirements, Baylor University isn’t hard to reach. Don’t be scared, do your best.
Baylor is home to business tycoons, politicians, entertainers and musicians, media personalities, and leaders in various other areas.
Here’s a list of famous alums:
- Musician Willie Nelson
- Author Thomas Harris
- Comedian Jeff Dunham
- American Airlines CEO Thomas W. Horton
- Oracle Corporation CEO Mark Hurd
- US Senator Rand Paul
- Texas Governor Ann Richards
- Olympic gold medallist Michael Johnson
- Keller Williams Realty co-founder Gary W. Keller
- Director John Lee Hancock
- Actor Allison Tolman
- ESPN anchor Trey Wingo
Baylor University Achievements
- Baylor is often ranked among the top 100 doctoral-granting national universities listed in “America’s Best Colleges” by U.S. News & World Report.
- Graduate programs in business, law, health and nursing, sciences, and education are all nationally ranked in 2020’s “America’s Best Graduate Schools,” according to U.S. News.
- It is believed that Baylor law students have achieved the highest percentage of passing the Texas State Bar Exam 10 times since 2010.
- The Baylor Research and Innovation Collaborative (BRIC) creates, supports, and markets the latest technologies in engineering and science. BRIC also gives graduate researchers space at the Engineering and Computer Science School.
- The Howard Hughes Medical Institute has selected Baylor to be a part of the Science Education Alliance, a partnership that engages Baylor students in the pursuit of scientific discoveries nationwide.
- The Diana R. Garland School of Social Work is a co-sponsor of the Texas Hunger Initiative, a collaboration to end hunger across the state. C
- The Chronicle of Higher Education cites Baylor in 11 categories of the “Great Colleges to Work For” survey.
Baylor University Sports
If you’re a genuine enthusiast of many sports, it could be another reason you should think about attending Baylor University. Baylor University is among the top 10 percent of the National Merit Scholars Program.
Baylor University has won 50 Big 12 Conference championships altogether. All-time championships have been won by Baylor University across eight distinct sports, including men’s and women’s tennis. There is also women’s basketball, soccer, baseball, softball, golf for men, and equestrian.
These awards demonstrate the department’s athletics team’s effectiveness, excellence, and ability to help students shine in academics and athletics.
Baylor University athletic programs for men’s sports include:
- Track and Field
- Golf and Tennis.
Baylor University athletic programs for women’s sports include:
- Acrobatics and Tumbling
- Track and Field
Top Reasons to Study in the Baylor University
Students can mix the rich tradition and opportunities for growth of a major institution with the personalized experiences and social interaction of a smaller school at Baylor because of its commitment to excellence and an array of educational offerings.
- The principal objective of the Student Foundation is to provide Baylor University scholarships to students who are deserving each year. Its Student Foundation members recruit Baylor’s generous alumni and friends to give these scholarships throughout the year.
- Dependents of missionaries who work for a Baptist worldwide mission group or who have officially quit their job can be eligible for the scholarship offered by Baylor that can be worth USD 5,000(INR 3,50,000) during the academic year. Students are required to verify their parent’s employment in the position.
BAYLOR TUITION FIGURES
At $58,830, the cost of tuition is staggering. Students who are accepted to Baylor have some form of financial aid. The median award is $22,291.
Here’s a more comprehensive review of Baylor tuition and financial aid in 2017:
- Total budget: $58,830
- Average financial aid package: $22,291
- The median student debt of one Baylor graduate is $44,540.
Scholarships and Financial Aid
The application for financial aid is free. It is unnecessary to shell out money to get scholarships or pay for the free application to Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
Be mindful that fafsa.com is an online commercial website that charges you to fill out your FAFSA.
Baylor University Tuition Fees
As a private school, Baylor’s tuition charges remain the same regardless of residency status. Therefore, both out-of-state and in-state students pay identical tuition charges.
Undergraduate Costs for 2022-2023
|Room and Meals||$12,682|
The tuition may seem a bit expensive, but only a few students pay the total price of their tuition, the “sticker price.” Students can finance their education using a variety of scholarships, financial aid, loans, and payment plans.
In the end, over 90 percent of students are eligible for financial aid as well as 86% of them receive academic scholarships. Therefore, this figure could be different depending on your particular situation.
Baylor has dozens of majors. Some of the school’s more interesting majors are:
- Digital Communication and Media
- Fashion/Apparel Design
- Geophysics and Seismology
- Human Development and Family Studies
- Interior Design
- Kindergarten/Preschool Education and Teaching
- Logistics, Materials, and Supply Chain Management
- Theatre Design and Technology
Student Life at Baylor University
Around 35% of undergraduates are part of one fraternity or sorority. Most of the university’s fraternities were initially local fraternities.
They joined with national associations in the latter part of the 1970s. Contrary to other colleges, Baylor doesn’t permit its Greek groups to have officially recognized homes on campus.
These are just a few members of Fraternities and sororities which you will discover at Baylor.
- Alpha Tau Omega
- Beta Theta Pi
- Delta Tau Delta
- Kappa Alpha Order
- Kappa Sigma
- Phi Iota Alpha
- Pi Kappa Phi
- Sigma Phi Epsilon
- Sigma Chi
- Sigma Alpha Epsilon
- Tau Kappa Epsilon
- Beta Upsilon Chi
- Alpha Delta Pi
- Alpha Chi Omega
- Alpha Phi Alpha
- Chi Omega Chi-O
- Delta Delta Delta
- Kappa Alpha Theta
- Kappa Kappa Gamma
- Pi Beta Phi Pi Phi
- Zeta Tau Alpha
Every semester, students participate in house-based sports like dodgeball, golf, table tennis, indoor volleyball, basketball, soccer, etc., with varying competitions, leagues, and divisions. Students build teams within campus organizations, residence halls, sororities/fraternities, and their groups of friends.
Then there is the Baylor University Golden Wave Band (BUGWB), which serves as the entertainment at halftime for Baylor football. The 340-member group is at every football game at home and occasionally goes to games played at a different venue.
Its history dates to 1928 when, traveling within West Texas, spectators noticed how the band’s uniforms of gold looked like an enormous “golden wave” sweeping over the landscape.
Baylor University Campus
Baylor University provides several student services, such as nonremedial tutoring and health insurance service campus security and safety services, such as 24-hour vehicle and foot patrols lighting sidewalks, 24-hour emergency phone lines, and controlled access to dormitories (key security card, key, etc.).
The ratio of students to faculty at Baylor University is 15:1, and the school has 51.9 percent of its classes have less than 20 pupils.
The most popular subjects at Baylor University include Biology, Nursing, Accounting, Marketing, Finance, Marketing Psychology, Communication Sciences and Disorders, and Management Information Systems.
The retention rate of first-year students of 90% indicates that students are satisfied with how the university runs its business.
Baylor University Acceptance Rate FAQS
Q.1 What GPA do you need to get into Baylor?
Baylor University’s GPA Requirements
It would help if you strived to earn the highest score for your secondary school. The GPA Baylor will require to shortlist candidates can be as high as 3.74. If you have a 3.74 GPA, you are expected to be a top performer in your class or a top performer.
Q.2 Is Baylor hard to get into?
ANS. Baylor University is selective, with an acceptance rate of 45 percent. Students accepted to Baylor University have an SAT score of 1200-1380 or an ACT score between 25 and 32. The deadline for applications to Baylor University is on February 1.
Q.3 Is Baylor a prestigious University?
ANS. Baylor University is ranked number 77 among the 443 National Universities. Schools are ranked based on performance in a series of commonly recognized standards of excellence.
Q.4 Is Baylor an Ivy League?
ANS. It’s not true; Baylor University is not an Ivy League school. However, it has been teaching students for over 175 years. Every Ivy League school is located in the Northeast, with a few dating back to colonial times.
Q.5 What is Baylor famous for?
ANS. A Private Christian University and a Nationally Ranked Research 1 Institution. Baylor offers a lively campus community of more than 20,000 students in interdisciplinarity research that is complemented by an internationally recognized reputation of academic excellence and the commitment of its faculty to scholarship and teaching.
Q.6 Is Baylor a safe school?
ANS. Baylor On-Campus Crime Stats
This is 13.86 instances per 1000 students, given that the total student population is 18,033. Below, you will find the incidents reported by class and the total number of incidents reported by each school for comparison.
Q.7 Is Baylor a Tier 1 school?
ANS. “Through top-tier research, scholarship, and external funding support, R1 universities — that now include Baylor University — bring their voice to bear in addressing our world’s most significant challenges,” states the president, Linda Livingstone.
Q.8 What majors are Baylor most known for?
ANS. The most popular courses offered at Baylor University include: Registered Nursing/Registered Nurse; Biology/Biological Science, General Communication, General Health/Medical Preparatory Programs Other Accounting; Finance; General Psychology, General Marketing/Marketing Management, General Political Science, and ..
Accepted admission to Baylor University might not be difficult, and you could be part of the 38.6 percent of applicants accepted. All you have to do is fulfill the requirements and give the program your best attempt.
Baylor University is one of the 44 colleges located in the U.S. named “Best Buy” in The Fiske Handbook of Colleges.
Research suggests that most college students get jobs or graduate within 6 months. It is also possible to call Baylor University a good luck school.
Baylor University graduates excel in various areas of responsibility. If you’re hoping to experience academic growth, spiritual development, and an increase in other areas, along with enjoying yourself, then you may think about attending Baylor University.
Baylor University isn’t only concerned with your academic success but also about its students living a happy life outside the walls of their classroom. This is the reason why various activities are conducted within the school.
Inspiring Baylor University with a low GPA isn’t always guaranteed, but it is possible if you’ve earned A’s and B’s to make up for it.
An exciting aspect of Baylor University is that Baylor has a zoo of a smaller size located on campus. It includes two of the university’s Northern American Black Bears, Lady Joy, and Lady Joy.
The Bear became the university’s mascot in 1914, and bears have been on campus since then. Joy Lady and Lady are biological siblings who came to the campus between 2001 and 2002.A few universities have real mascots, and Baylor University is proudly one of the few.
If you’re a student in law searching for a reputable institution to enroll in, Baylor University is your best choice. Baylor University has the best law school in all of Texas.
Baylor University’s academic challenges Active and collaborative education, faculty-student interaction, enriching learning experiences, and supportive campus environments are distinctive programs designed to assist students in becoming more successful.
In case you weren’t aware, Baylor is the largest private institution worldwide. It’s certainly something to boast on once you’ve been accepted.